EBSCO eBooks' viewer is browser based, requires no additional software and is compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets and phones.
To view ebooks offline you will need to download:
Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher (download this free software for your PC, MAC, tablets or mobile devices.)
To checkout and download ebooks to your computer:
- Search EBSCOhost for ebooks.
- Select the book that you would like to read by clicking on “Download (Offline)” in the result list.
- You will be prompted to log into your My EBSCOhost folder, if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Checkout Period and click “Checkout & Download”
- When the File Download box opens, select “Open” or "Save" from the dialog box. You may be prompted to select either the PDF or ePub format for an eBook. If you open the file, the eBook is opened with Adobe Digital Editions. If you select save, the book is saved to your computer/device and can be opened later with Adobe Digital Editions.
Recommended browsers settings
Internet Explorer version 9.0 and older are not compatible for reading EBSCO ebooks. Optimal viewing is on Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and IE 10.0 and older.